If you’ve been eyeing a SNOO bassinet but couldn’t stomach the price tag, here’s your sign
We’d be shocked if you haven’t heard of a SNOO Bassinet (not that we’re judging). But, if you haven’t, here’s the low down: the SNOO was created by Dr. Harvey Karp, author of the bestselling The Happiest Baby on the Block. And, since he knows a thing or two about happy babies, it’s no surprise the SNOO delivers.
The SNOO is the first—and only—medical device to receive De Novo Approval from the FDA for its ability to keep sleeping babies safely on their backs. Babies who are placed on the back for sleep are at a lower risk of SIDS/SUID. That in and of itself makes it a winner in our baby books, although that’s not it’s only selling point.
Like having an extra pair of hands for the first 6 months, the SNOO boosts sleep with gentle rocking and soothing for all naps and nights. Its quick response often calms upsets in under a minute. Plus, its “5-second swaddle” reduces dangerous rolling. Still not sold?
- Adds 1-2 hours of sleep per night with constant calming womb-like motion + sound (kinda makes you want one in your size, doesn’t it?)
- Automatically teaches your sweet babe healthy sleep habits, making it easy to transition to a crib
- Automatically responds to your baby’s fussing, even when you’re asleep
- Syncs up with the SNOO app with helpful settings, daily sleep report, and tips from Dr. Karp
It’s basically the answer to all your newborn prayers. Of course, a genius invention like this can definitely be considered a luxury at a price tag of $1,695. While we understand that this is a big ticket item, babies are expensive and almost $1.700 isn’t nothing. So when we found out Happiest Baby launched completely refurbished Pre-Loved SNOOs, we were downright giddy.
Priced at $1,195, a pre-loved SNOO bassinet saves families $500 compared to the price of a brand new SNOO, but is guaranteed to work just as well, giving you peace of mind that you can’t get by taking a chance on a used SNOO from a secondhand marketplace (or even a friend).
Every refurbished SNOO:
- Goes through a rigorous 5-step refresh + recondition process, including a full sanitation, steam, and safety and quality inspection, ensuring that SNOO is pristinely clean and works like new
- Comes with all new soft goods, including two SNOO sacks and a SNOO sheet, both made from organic cotton
- Is covered by a 1-year warranty
That’s $500 less than a brand-new SNOO, with all the same perks.
It’s not clear how long these will last, so we suggest getting a jump on it. A happy baby and more sleep for all of us? Take. Our. Money.
All the products listed are independently & personally selected by our shopping editors.
If you buy something from the links in this article, we may earn affiliate commission or compensation. Prices and availability reflect the time of publication.
All images courtesy of retailers.