This easy blueberry muffin recipe is a favorite with our kids
For breakfast fare that never goes out of style look no further than this easy blueberry muffin recipe. Any home cook can whip up a batch of these classic blueberry muffins in about 10 minutes without any unusual ingredients or pro kitchen tools. The secret twist to this delectable eat? The streusel topping that adds a layer of cinnamon sugar goodness to this irresistible grab-and-go muffin.
Makes about 14 muffins
2 Cups Flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups wild blueberries (Frozen are ok)
1/2 cup butter softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup milk
For the streusel top:
2 Tbs Flour
2 Tbs Sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbs butter chilled
1. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl beat butter and sugar until light. Beat in eggs and vanilla. You can either use an electric mixer or mix by hand with a wooden spoon.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients alternating with milk until combined.
4. Coat the blueberries lightly with flour then fold the blueberries into the mixture.
5. Spoon batter into greased or paper-lined muffin tins.
6. To make the streusel topping, combine the flour, sugar, and cinnamon. Cut in the butter until crumbly by using your fingers or a knife and fork. Sprinkle over muffins.
7. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.