Miles of beaches, delicious Jamaican food, and relaxation await
Jamaica is home to Bob Marley, Usain Bolt, Appleton Rum, warm waters, and fantastic food. With its world-famous Seven Mile Beach, Negril is one of the country’s gems. Azul Beach Resort is stunningly located along Seven Mile Beach. You are at all times literally steps to the beach; with its boutique feel, it’s the perfect oasis for couples and families. When you visit Azul Beach Resort, it will be hard to choose what you love the most—the stunning sunsets, the food, the beach, or the people.
Everything You Need to Know about Azul Beach Resort in Jamaica
With nine restaurants, nine bars, seven pools, a spa, and a gym, this smaller property offers a very relaxed guest experience. There are only 283 rooms and most buildings have only two floors, which makes the amenities ratio to guests very favorable. The family suites have a separate living area and you have 12 different room types to choose from.
No need to worry about waking up early to reserve beach umbrellas; there are more than enough for everyone. The entire resort, except for the beach, is smoke-free so you can relax especially when traveling with kids.
Highlights from Azul Beach Resort in Jamaica
Activities galore: Whether you want the gym, spa, yoga, rum tasting, wine tasting, margarita workshops, dancing, or foam pool party, Azul Beach has it covered. We were really impressed with all the activities the resort offered throughout the day. Our favorite activity was the foam party at the pool.
Kids Club: The Azulitos Kids Club is quite large, with a variety of activities for kids ages 4-12. When the kids are at the Kids Club, adults can spend the day on the adults-only side of the property for a different feel.
Toddler All-Inclusive: Yes, that’s right. Almost everything you need for your baby and toddler is available, so you can pack light and relax, knowing your baby’s needs will be met.
Gourmet All-Inclusive: In addition to everything else that’s included, you’ll find a welcome bottle of sparkling wine or locally inspired beverage in your room when you arrive.
Lots of space on the beach: We loved that you didn’t have to pay extra for the day beds; the Balinese beds and beach huts are free.
There are designated areas for beach towels during the day, and there is no need to have a towel card; just grab and go. If you arrive after 4 p.m., you can request towels from housekeeping.
Customized service: If you are celebrating a special occasion, the team will work with you to bring your vision to life, whether it’s a wedding, anniversary, or kid’s birthday celebration.
The Food! A little bit of spice and a whole lot of flavor.
Jamaican food is known worldwide, and what we loved about this property is they didn’t tone down the flavors. The food is fantastic. For traditional Jamaica cuisine, make sure to book ahead at least one night at Ackee.
We could have lived at Garfield’s Beach House and found ourselves heading there for lunch most days because it’s on the beach.
Beans Gourmet Coffee Shop
In the morning, you can grab your specialty coffee, juices, and treats; in the afternoon, they offer sandwiches and cakes.
The food displays at Mahogany Restaurant & Kitchen were above expectations for a buffet-style restaurant.
Tips for making the most out of your stay at Azul Beach Resort in Jamaica
- There is a resort casual dress code for dinner. For the most part, it’s fairly casual; collared shirts are recommended for gentlemen in the evening. The only thing to be aware of is sleeveless shirts and caps are not permitted during dinner.
- If you have dietary restrictions, speak to your concierge ahead of time
- Download the app and check out what activities or special events are happening at which restaurants.
- Bring bug spray and afterbite for the noseeums.
Things to do nearby
- Seven Mile Beach: No need to go too far; you can walk along the beach steps from the hotel or spend quality time with the family on the world-famous Seven Mile Beach. Its white sand and crystal-clear waters are perfect for building sandcastles, playing beach games, and watching the sunset. Be sure to pile on the sunscreen.
- Rick’s Café: Take the family to Rick’s Café for a memorable experience. Kids will love watching the cliff divers or even participating. This popular tourist spot has local food, live music, and gorgeous sunset views.
- Rhodes Hall Plantation: This is a good educational and fun activity for the whole family. This historic fruit plantation is still in operation and offers many activities, including horseback riding, trails, glass bottom boat rides, and snorkeling.
Make sure to capture all the vacation fun—and share them with your family and friends near and far—with the Tinybeans app. The secure platform puts parents in total control of who sees and interacts with photos and videos of their kids.
Editor’s note: This trip was paid for by Azul Beach Resorts, but all the opinions belong to the writer.